Copyright of Goodwick Scout Group 2014 - Charity Number: 505612
Why? Being a leader is fun. Everything can go wrong, your best laid plans can fall away but still you and your Beavers can have a brilliant night.
Some people do it to add to their CV, others do it to give something back to the community. It is an exciting challenge and I have never seen a night run perfectly that is part of the fun.
So could you help us?
* None of our Leaders are paid they are all volunteers.
* The majority of our Leaders have full time jobs and a family.
* 60 percent of our Leaders are female.
* Leaders get involved because they want to have fun and make new friends.
* Your not just dumped in a mess, we want people to support our current leaders and they have many years of experience. Vanessa nearly 40 years, Ben nearly 20 years, Allan nearly 20 years and Jana nearly 9 years.
* Leaders don’t have to be ‘superheroes’ who know everything. They are given training on the job and learn new skills as they go along. The one thing that unites our Leaders is the energy and enthusiasm they have for giving young people the adventure of Scouting
* Most volunteers help out in Scouting as they are a parent of a current Member. Many were not Scouts when they were young but have learnt new skills and made new friends through Scouting.
* Many of our adult volunteers say they are more confident in their everyday lives as a result of their involvement with Scouting.
* All our Leaders are covered by a comprehensive insurance policy while taking part in Scouting.
Please talk to Jana, send an email or talk to one of the leaders after a meeting.
We’re getting better at fundraising but we need to do more. We are all volunteers at Goodwick (like every scout group) and we’re looking for some parents who could help us with one or two events every year.